View from the London Eye

View from the London Eye
Panoramic View from the London Eye

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hello Ireland!

Today I woke up bright and early...5am...to head to the airport to catch my flight to Ireland.  I landed on time by my mom's flight had been delayed by 4 hours so I ended up beating her to the airport when she was supposed to have landed at 8:45am.  Ouch!  Well shes sleeping now and catching up on some much needed sleep : ). 

Once we got settled into our hotel and met my aunt and uncle we decided to start our trip off right with a visit to the Guinness Storehouse.  We were supposed to take a tour of the whole facility but agreed that since we had to walk for 30 minutes to get to the Storehouse we deserved that free pint of Guinness, so we went straight to the top and were able to enjoy the pint with a gorgeous view of the city!
 
Free pints of Guinness!



A rainbow appeared while we were drinking our pints!










After the pints we went down to test our drink IQ.  The four of us played as a team and still only got 8 out of 10 questions right...but hey an 80% is passing right?

Finally, we headed back to the hotel for some much needed rest, but before bed we stopped for dinner in the hotel's restaurant.  Im living up to my superlative for being the "person that takes the most pictures of food"!  Tonight I had mushroom risotto!
Mushroom Risotto
It was a fun first day in Ireland!  So far the people here have been so amazing, we were a bit turned around when looking for the Guinness Storehouse and some woman on the street stopped to help us and in the cab on the way back to the hotel (we were not walking for 30 minutes again) the cab driver pretty much gave us a tour of the parts of Dublin that surround our hotel.  The streets are clean and many things here are very similar to London.  By my first impression I believe that Dublin will be a great place to visit, however, I am looking forward to getting out of the city for a bit and seeing some Irish countryside.  We will still be in Dublin for tomorrow but then we pick up our car and head for Galway on the west coast.  Hopefully, we will still have internet once we leave Dublin so that I can keep you all updated on our adventures. 

Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment